Yorkshire Hygiene Supplies Ltd is the controller of personal data collected pursuant to this notice. If you have any questions about our use of your personal data, please contact us ator 01757 213322. Registered address is Unit 9 Oakney Wood Court, Selby Business Park, Selby, YO8 8FN
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together follows:
· includes first name, last name and title.
· includes home address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
· includes details of products you have purchased or otherwise received from us.
· includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data for our website, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access our website.
· includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and your communication preferences, your interests, feedback and survey responses.
We may collect, use and store(which includes bank account and payment card details) in respect of our suppliers. However, we do not do so in respect of our customers. Customer payments are processed by a third party payment provider and we do not have access to those details. We also collect, use and share such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated Data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data in law as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. However, if we combine or connect Aggregated Data with your personal data so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as personal data which will be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
We do not collect anyabout you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
Please also note that we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you or to provide you with products you have requested, and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or to provide you with the products you have requested from us. In this case, we may have to cancel the contract in question that you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
Personal Data that We Process
We process the following personal data about you:
- Orders – If you place an order with us we will collect the details of your order, your name, email address, address and your phone number. Our third party payment processor will also collect your payment details.
- Queries and complaints – If you contact our customer services department with a query or a complaint, we will record details of the query or complaint and how it is dealt with on our systems.
- Email updates – If you subscribe to receiving our email newsletter we will collect your email address.
- Information that is automatically collected – We use certain technologies that collect non-personally identifiable details about how our website is used, such as what pages you visit and how long you stay on them.
Purposes of Processing and Legal Basis
- Orders – We will process your personal data in order to fulfil your order. We process this data on the basis that it is necessary in order for us to perform our obligations under our contract with you to fulfil your order. We will also process aggregated data in relation to the orders that are placed, for the purpose of our internal business analysis processes. Our processing of such data is on the basis of our legitimate interests in operating and improving our business.
- Accounts – We process your personal data in order to provide you with the account feature on our website, which allows you to review your orders, manage your subscription to our email newsletter, and update the details we hold about you. We process this data on the basis of our legitimate interests in making the account feature available to you.
- Email updates – If you subscribe to receiving our email newsletter we will process your personal data in order to send you those emails, which will be on the basis of having received your consent to send you marketing emails.
- Information that is automatically collected – We process this personal data to help us understand how our website is being used and to help us make improvements to our website. To the extent that this involves the processing of personal data, it will be on the basis of our legitimate interests in making the website available and improving its services.
Personal Data that We Require You to Provide
You are required to provide certain personal data in order for us to enter into a contract with you for the purchase of goods. Where information is required this is indicated during the checkout process. If you do not provide the required information, we will not be able to process your order.
Recipients of Data
We may disclose your personal data to various recipients in connection with the above purposes, including:
- Service providers – We use other service providers in the context of operating our business, some of which may have access to your personal data in the context of providing those services. For example, we use various courier and shipping companies to deliver our goods to you.
- Group companies – We operate as part of a group of companies. Certain services are procured and operated on a group wide basis, which means that another group company acts as a data processor on our behalf when it engages third party service providers to provide those services.
Performance of a contract with you (or as a precursor to performance of a contract)
To process and deliver any contract you have with us for the sale of our products to you
Performance of a contract with you
To provide you with information you have requested from us, respond to enquiries or requests from you and communicate with you in relation to those enquiries or requests
(c) Marketing and Profile
Necessary for our legitimate interests ()
(d) Marketing and Profile
(a) Performance of a contract with you
(b) Necessary to comply with a legal obligation
(c) Necessary for our legitimate interests (to keep our records updated and
To enable you to give feedback or complete a survey
(c) Marketing and Profile
Necessary for our legitimate interests (to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them and grow our business)
To administer and protect our business and our website (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data)
(a) Necessary for our legitimate interests (for running our business, provision of administration and IT services, network security, to prevent fraud and in the context of a business reorganisation or group restructuring exercise)
(b) Necessary to comply with a legal obligation
To use data analytics to improve our website, products/services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences
(b) Marketing and Profile
Necessary for our legitimate interests (to define types of customers for our products and services, to keep our website updated and relevant, to develop our business and to inform our marketing strategy)
(e) Marketing and Profile
Necessary for our legitimate interests (to develop our products/services and grow our business)
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
Withdrawal of Consent
When we process your personal data on the basis of your consent, you are free to withdraw that consent at any time. You can withdraw your consent to receive marketing emails at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the email, or logging into your account on the website. Please note that if you withdraw your consent we will not be able to continue providing you with our email newsletter.